Our team studies the microeconomics of the knowledge economy. In particular, we investigate innovation and internationalization strategies of firms.
We use detailed microdata to for example investigate the spillovers from innovation, the determinants of firms’ decisions to innovate and to conduct foreign direct investment, as well as to study obstacles that are caused by financial constraints and contractual imperfections.
We build on methodologies from labor, organizational and international economics as well as industrial organization.
You can find more information on individual research projects on our webpages:
- Prof. Dr. Monika Schnitzer: http://www.monika-schnitzer.com/
- Dr. Anna Gumpert: https://annagumpert.wordpress.com/
- Dr. Alessandra Allocca: https://alessandraallocca.com/
- Dr. Marie-Louise Arlt: https://marielouisearlt.com/
- Felix Montag: https://felixmontag.weebly.com/
The current program of the Munich International Economics Seminar can be found here.
The Chair organizes its weekly internal „Innovation Workshop“ in cooperation with the research groups of Professor Fabian Waldinger (LMU) and Professor Dietmar Harhoff (MPI for Innovation and Competition). You can find the program here.